Monday, October 13, 2008

A few pictures of the views from the hike Allen, Sarah and I went on today.




This picture was taken through one of those binocular contraptions that are found in scenic view places. I didn't think it would turn out very well but I was pleasantly surprised. I keep wanting to call it a view finder. If anyone knows what they are called let me know. There are over 100 islands in Lake Winnipesaukee most of which are inhabited. Crazy, huh? How would you like to live on an island? What would you do if there was an emergency? There's no boat ambulance is there?





5 comments:

Erin said...

Kari it's so beautiful there! I love the color and all the foliage. I think it would be great to live on an island if it was bigger. I wouldn't want to be worried all the time about where my kids are on the island! I guess you would have to have an emergency boat available to the residents on the island and be very close to your neighbors so you could help each other in an emergency???

Julie said...

What a beautiful place you live! And how fun to hike with just you, Allen, and Sarah.

Angie said...

very pretty!

Andrea said...

Whoa! Gorgeous pics! Love, love, love Gracie's hat! Ah...memories! I just got some yarn to work on a cap for the other girls.

Fam in Real Life said...

Love these they are beautiful. It was fun talking to you the other day. Hope to talk to you again soon. Lori